Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oven Baked Tortilla Chips

The other night I was looking for a "carby" side that wasn't bread and I can across the tortilla shells in my pantry. I had bought them for burritos and had several left over that would go bad before being used again. So I put my creative chef hat on and did something! Jason thought they were great (and thought I bought them at the store...lol) and Georgia loved to dip them in her soup so I would consider these a home run!

6 Tortilla Shells
4 tbls Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cayenne and Pepper

Preheat oven to 375f. Spray 2 baking sheets with non-stick spray.  In a bowl mix together the olive oil and seasonings and brush on to both sides of the tortillas. Cut the tortilla into 8 equal triangular parts and place on  the baking sheets. Bake 4-5 minutes and flip, then bake for another 2-3 minutes. You do need to watch them as they brown quite fast.

These are great with any dips, or as a substitute for bread with soup.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment