Thursday, March 17, 2011

Garlic Croutons

Caesar salad is the "fall back" for me, along with chicken and potatoes. I usually do up breaded chicken (Shake'n'bake style... but homemade) and seasoned oven roasted potatoes with yes, you guess it Caesar salad. Over the next week I will post my various recipes for this but tonight I will start with the croutons!

Seasoned Croutons

3 cups of cubed fresh bread (I like sourdough or ciabatta)
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tbls Parmesan cheese - finely grated.
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 tbls Olive oil

Preheat oven to 350f. Mix the spices with the olive oil in a  large sealable container or large freezer. Add bread cubes 1 cup at a time and shake until all three cups are nice covered. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and evenly spread the cubes over the sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. (Do not leave these unattended as they burn quick. I always check mine at 5 minutes and then every couple minutes after)

Homemade croutons, fresh Caesar dressing and real bacon bits can truly make a boring Caesar into a delight!

Enjoy!

Garlic Croutons on FoodistaGarlic Croutons

1 comment:

  1. I followed you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this garlic croutons widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about garlic croutons,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete