Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chocolate Crispy Squares

My daughters second birthday party is on the horizon so I have been coming up with easy kid friendly treats to have out at the party. This one is easy and everyone LOVES rice crispy squares... this just has a little bit of extra panache!

10 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
1 bag of mini marshmallows
1/4 cup butter
2 tsp Vanilla
4 squares semi-sweet chocolate (I like the Bakers Chocolate)

Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.

In a large pot melt butter and ass marshmallows; stir continuously until smooth. Stir in rice crispy cereal a few cups at a time. Transfer to the greased 9 x 13 pan. Press the mixture in with a metal spoon. (Run the spoon under cold water before hand*) Place in the fridge until complete cool and firm. Cut into preferred size.

In a double boiler; melt chocolate. Be sure to stir the chocolate continuously for optimal results. Once melted; dip 1/2 the square into the chocolate and place on parchment paper to cool.

Variation: You can also "double dip" and do the other side in white chocolate following the same procedure. Or dip half of the tip that is already covered.

*I would like to thank my friend Heather for reminding me on how to press the rice crispy down with the wet spoon... I completely forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment