Thursday, April 29, 2010

Breakfast made easy!

It has quite been sometime since posting a new recipe! My home life is pretty busy at the moment; my daughter is now 13 months, I have started a new business venture, and I am pregnant with our second child, so my new focus is on quick and simple meals that can be prepared in advance.

Weekends have been very hectic as we are trying to get settled into our new home. Muffins served with eggs and fresh fruit is what is on my breakfast table most mornings now.

Blueberry-Lemon Muffins

My Aunty Sharon made these muffins when we were visiting over the holidays, and I absolutely love them. (She has a few other recipes I will pass on at some point too) The original recipe is from the Best of Bridge Collection. I have modified the recipe to have whole wheat flour and brown sugar and removed the sugar topping to make the muffins a bit healthier.

1Cup White Flour
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
¼ Cup Oats
½ Cup Brown Sugar
1tbsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
Rind of 1 Lemon
1 Egg
1 Cup Milk
½ Cup Butter, Melted
1Cup Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)

Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon rind in a large bowl. In a separate bowl; add milk and butter. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Gently stir in blueberries. Fill muffin tins 2/3; bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

Great for a quick snack, or serve with eggs and fresh fruit for breakfast!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment