Monday, October 24, 2011

Granola


This recipe was inspired by my new favorite show "The Chew". Clinton shared his homemade granola and I decided to do my own. I always thought it would be something very difficult to make... not sure why. Anyhow, the basic concept to remember is 3 cups rolled oats and 1/2 cup portions of everything else.
3 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Honey and Maple Syrup Combo
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2  Cup Craisins
1/2 Cup Coconut
1/2 Mixed crushed nuts (You can always use seeds or dried fruit instead)
1/2 Flax seed
Preheat oven to 250F. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and in a medium bowl combine wet. Mix both well and then add the wet to the dry. Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet and spread the mixture evenly across. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hour until golden, mixing every 15 to 20 minutes. 

I eat granola as a snack, on top of my greek yogurt or as my morning cereal. This recipe is BETTER than the store bought brands (if I do say so myself) and a fraction of the cost!!
I look forward to you sharing your granola recipes!
QUICK TIP: I always do oil portion first.... it helps the honey and syrup slide off the measuring spoons and out of the bowl.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment